Keena of the K-pop girl group Fifty Fifty is heading to Los Angeles on Thursday to attend the 2023 Billboard Music Awards, according to Attrakt.
The Billboard Music Awards is an annual award ceremony to celebrate music’s greatest achievements and hottest names in music today.
The event takes place in Las Vegas on Sunday.
Fifty Fifty has been nominated for the event’s Top Duo/Group and Top Global K-Pop Song award categories.
The group successfully debuted on Billboard’s Hot 100 with its first single, “Cupid,” just 130 days into its debut.
The single made it to No. 17 on the chart and remained on the chart for 25 consecutive weeks, which is the longest record set by a K-pop girl group.
Keena will attend a private party on the day of the ceremony before attending it with the chief operating officer of her agency, Attrakt, Kim Se-hwang, to build relationships with global music officials.
Fifty Fifty formerly consisted of four members but the agency terminated its exclusive contract with Saena, Sio and Aran last month.
The group had been in a legal battle with the agency after applying for an injunction to suspend its exclusive contract with Attrakt.
But Keena of Fifty Fifty returned to the agency last month, saying that a representative of outsourcing company The Givers had incited the group to terminate their exclusive contract with the agency.
- Dog meat group threatens to release 2 million dogs near presidential office
- 60조 역대급 세수 펑크에도…여야, 국회 운영비 364억 증액 합의
- S. Korea issues navigation warning amid planned N.K. rocket launch
- [Herald Review] NCT 127 takes inspiration from ‘Matrix’ for 3rd tour
- Music industry seeks solution to ticket scalping through public discussion
- Fifty Fifty's Keena marks group's 1st anniversary with apology
- Trump vows to kill Asia trade deal being pursued by Biden if elected
- Golf club's 'no Japanese car' policy sparks controversy